The more irritating is your morning sickness, the greater the protection for your embryo. Studies told that morning sickness, that is nausea and vomiting when experienced during the early pregnancy is actually a good sign of healthy pregnancy.
Experts are really not sure about the exact morning sickness reasons. Most studies agree that hormonal changes can play a role.
Here are the 5 most possible morning sickness reasons:
1. Estrogen: The increased levels of estrogen hormone during pregnancy can cause morning sickness. For pregnant women, estrogen levels are 100 times higher when compared to normal women. But, there is no evidence to indicate the difference between pregnant women with morning sickness and to the women without.
2. Progesterone: The levels of progesterone will also increase during pregnancy that can help relax the uterus from early childbirth. Also progesterone relaxes the stomach and intestines that result in higher stomach acids and GERD.
3. Hypoglycemia: Most women experience low blood sugar, which is caused by placenta draining energy from mother’s body. But, there is not any proved study.
4. hCG levels: Usually hCG hormone is produced during pregnancy that is generated by the developing embryo. The main aim of the hormone is to prevent disintegration of corpus lute um of the ovary. So, it will help to maintain the proper production of progesterone hormone, which is essential to maintain the pregnancy. Most studies suggest that there may be a link between morning sickness and hCG levels.
5. Sense of smell: Usually pregnant women feel increased sensitivity to odors thus over stimulating the triggers of nausea.