6 Proven Ways to Become Pregnant With PCOS Naturally
If you have PCOS, know that you are not alone who is suffering from this condition. It is one of the most common female reproductive disorders that affect one in every 10 women. This fertility disorder is mainly characterized by resistance to insulin.
Women with PCOS will usually have higher levels of male hormone (i.e. androgen) and hence experience absent or irregular menstrual cycle and tiny fluid filled cysts on the ovaries. According to the research, 5-10% of the women during their child bearing age may have PCOS. For a woman to conceive, all these processes should run normally. So, conception will become very difficult in women with PCOS.
In order to overcome from this condition, fortunately there are various possible treatments available. Have a look at those!
- Diet changes: Women with PCOS who want to get pregnant should follow a necessary diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole wheat, nuts and beans. Also, it is necessary to reduce the consumption of processed foods and foods that are high in saturated fats. Avoid cheese, fried foods, and milk, reduce the consumption of sugars and carbohydrates to help you lose weight and normalize the levels of hormones. It is proved that obese and overweight women are more likely to get PCOS.
- Weight management: Identifying PCOS is very difficult and most women find it out when they plan to get pregnant or when they feel some noticeable symptoms, such as growth of facial hair, considerable weight gain without making any changes in your diet and irregular menstrual cycle. If you are obese or over weight, controlling your weight is very much essential. If you are planning to get pregnant, it is highly recommended to lose some weight.
- Exercise: Regular physical activity is very much essential to maintain active lifestyle and will aid to lose some weight. When you exercise, a hormone called endorphin is released, which makes you feel happy and relieves you from all the stress.
- Lifestyle habits: A healthy lifestyle is very much essential to conceive especially for women with PCOS. It is highly recommended to quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption and the intake of recreational drugs.
- Seek medical help: Not all the women with PCOS are suitable to seek medical help. Most doctors prescribe Clomid as a primary medication which help to boost your ovulation and is most popular and successful drug to improve fertility. Metformin is another drug prescribed for women who struggle from insulin resistance. Before trying any of these medications, make sure to consult your doctor to determine whether you are a candidate to seek medical help or not.
- Keep on trying: Women with PCOS should maintain a record, in which they have to note their most fertile days to make sure that you are having sex on those days. Make sure that you follow all the above mentioned steps such as eating right, exercising, getting enough sleep and trying to remain stress free.