Know the Several Benefits of Tulsi Tea During Pregnancy
Tulsi is also known as holy basil, one of the beneficial members of mint group. It has sweet and spicy fragrance, which issimilar to clove. Asia and Australian are the native regions of Tulsi, however it grows in several areas of the world.
Not only Tulsi is beneficial to normal human beings, but also it is very much useful for pregnant women. But don’t consider Tulsi as a substitute for your conventional medicine. Whatever might be the reason, you should consult your healthcare provider prior using Tulsi as a leave form or in a tea form.
Tulsi leaves are specially used to treat various illnesses like asthma, high cholesterol, diabetes, arthritis, etc.
The most beneficial contents of Tulsi leaves
- Eugenol oil present in Tulsi has both analgesic and antiseptic propertiesthat are very much beneficial to our health.
- The leaves are also a great source of rosmarinic, oleanolic, ursolic, and caryophyllene acids.
- Various numbers of phytochemicals present in Tulsi can give you various medicinal effects.
- Also Tulsi plants are a great source of Vitamin A and C, calcium, zinc, iron and chlorophyll.
- The high antioxidant contents of tulsi can help in healthy development of you and your baby.
Here are the various benefits of drinking tulsi tea during pregnancy
- Drinking tulsi tea can help to reduce the stress, refresh your mind, maintain healthy blood sugar levels and promote longevity.
- For every woman, labor is the most stressful period of pregnancy and the production of cortisol from adrenal glands can even aggravate the condition. But, drinking tulsi tea can help reduce the production of this hormone, which also aid in stress reduction and ease your nervous system.
- The anti-inflammatory effects of tulsi help reduce the pain and aches that you often experience during pregnancy.
- Also the medicinal effects of tulsi can help strengthen your lungs and aid in expelling more mucous. This mucous act as a natural remedy to treat cold and flu.
But before trying any kind of new product during pregnancy, make sure to consult to consult your healthcare provider. According to many studies, consumption of tulsi is safe during pregnancy as well as during breastfeeding period, but remembers to take in moderate amounts.