Summer is the most difficult period for pregnant women, so wearing right summer pregnancy clothes is essential to feel comfortable. Maternity clothes you choose during summer should fit well on you and allow room for extra growth. It is better to choose the clothes made from the breathable and non-clingy fabric like cotton.
Summer pregnancy clothes you choose should fit well as well as allow for easy movement. Wearing the clothes that are too tight during high temperature can cause rash. So, before purchasing anything, you should try it to check for proper fit and comfort. Remember that selecting the garments based on your pre-pregnancy size is very important.
Here are the choices to select for summer pregnancy clothes:
- During summer, you will feel comfortable in dresses like cap-sleeved shirts and shorts, Capri pants, sleeveless tank tops and dresses. Choose capris and shorts with stretchable waistline.
- Buy a light cotton cardigan, which is a useful addition to your wardrobe during summer. You can even layer it on other pieces and remove when needed.
- Wearing non-binding rollover waistbands and drawstrings can allow for easy adjustment and offer great fit and also they are a great choice for summer pregnancy clothes.
- Most comfy fabric for summer pregnancy wear includes cotton T-shirts, woven cotton and linen.
- Also yoga shorts and pants especially designed for pregnancy wear are great choices during summer and this can be paired with short-sleeved or sleeveless cotton tops.
- Outfits made of cotton, linen or rayon offer great coverage without providing extra warmth and they are great addition to the wardrobe during summer for many expectant mothers.
- Coverups and bathing suits are essential summer pregnancy clothes. During pregnancy, swimming is the great exercise and it won’t cause any stress on the back or joints. Tankini-style bathing suit is best for great fit and to accommodate with your growing belly. If you want to swim in the pool or beach, wear coverups to get protection from the sun.
- It is essential to choose lightweight clothes during summer and they should coordinate with each other. Cardigans and lightweight jackets make you feel comfortable in any setting.
- Poncho or lightweight shawl can fit with any size and well accommodate with a growing belly.
- No matter any kind of dress you choose but it is essential to choose the light colors during summer that keep you cool. Prefer colors like white, light blue, light pink, yellow, green and beige.
- Invest on wrap shirts and dresses as they are loose fitting near the bottom and more fitted on the top.
- Choose tube tops that help you stay cool and make you look sexy even during the pregnancy period.